My Mission Is Simple
I want to help leaders effect positive, lasting change and generate growth for themselves and their companies. I connect the dots. I am focused on providing practical, impactful individual coaching.
Individual Coaching Q&A:
Personal coaching is probably one of the most misunderstood and “fuzzy” concepts. What is it? What does it look like? How do I know this is for me? How can I judge results? Why are there so many coaches in the marketplace? And the beat goes on ….
Why have so many already successful people turned to working with a personal business coach?
Because anyone reaching for a major pinnacle of success, be it in business, athletics or politics, knows that no one, no matter how talented and powerful they may seem, finds true success alone. They know that mentors, coaches and supporters are essential to achieving the best results, and this is what a personal coach does.
Successful people work with personal coaches because they want more – be it from their career, personal relationships or life in general – they know they have the power to get it and they want to use every tool they have at their disposal to achieve it. They want help setting and achieving goals, planning strategically, removing mental blocks, taking control of financial matters, communicating effectively and maintaining a work-life balance.
My humble advice is to SLOW DOWN. Way down!
And put a real coaching strategy together to drive whatever result it is that you’re looking for over the long term.
Feeling burned out while striving for it all?
We get it! If you’re like us, you’re an accomplished professional, driven to do your best work, and seeking to do work that is meaningful and fulfilling. You want to stand out from your peers and be well rewarded for your unique gifts.
That sounds nice, but how?
Our Coaching Program isn’t just another thing to cram into your schedule. Our research-based interactive methodology shows you how to design powerful habits, and your coach helps you ACTUALLY DO THEM.
If you’re looking for concrete methods, mindsets and practices to calmly perform at your best, AND support in sustaining them, skip the “just knowledge” and dive into actually changing how you feel when you wake up in the morning.
You get your own online portal. Use it to:
- Track your progress with actual data in a graph view
- Check off actions from your plan
- Pore over course materials and past session notes
- Message your coach whenever you could use support
What’s this going to take?
Our Core Curriculum is a 6-week program. You’ll have one session per week. Each week will entail about 20 minutes to absorb the lesson, 10 minutes to do an exercise to reflect on it, a 30-minute conversation with your coach, and several hours to apply it to your life. The hours spent on your own where the real magic happens, and will support you getting done all those things that are already sitting on your to-do list right now.
In your weekly sessions, I will guide you to apply the lessons to things that matter to you through our proprietary system of tracking and reporting.
What if it’s not working for me?
We stand by our methodology as tried and true, and over 80% of our graduates report their effectiveness has increased by 43% or more by using our tools. We know, though, that claims like this are easy to make. Our system supports consistent adjustment at every step, and we succeed when you do.
However, if at any time during the first 14 days you decide it’s not for you, we’ll happily refund your money in full. All we ask is to see evidence that you’ve tried the methodology up to that point.
What happens after the 6 weeks?
Our passion is helping professionals to do their best work while staying stress-free, even beyond our core program. Many of our clients want to keep tracking these life-altering habits in their portals and hearing their coach’s friendly and committed voice every week.
For them we offer the our Maintenance Package. This gets you routine access to your coach, a weekly 30-minute call, and unlimited access to your personal portal for tracking. It is completely optional and you are free to cancel at any time.
How do I begin?
Click on the “How to Start Tab above.
How My Engagement Process Works
It all begins with understanding. Understanding your direction. Understanding your process and offerings. Understanding your industry and competition. By immersing myself in your business, I am able to craft customized solutions that fit. That solve. Calibrated to your company.
- Free 2-hour strategy session. You free 2-hour strategy session. We mutually determine if we can work together.
- Assess your current reality. Are you meeting your growth objectives and are your key relationships harmonious and healthy? If not, why not?
- Determine our fit. Our interpersonal chemistry, the core values we have in common, and we discuss the value of our expertise and experience.
- Explore options. Recommending a road map of actions and timelines to achieve successful outcomes for your business.
- Your Investment. My coaching offerings range from $750 to $1500 per month, depending on frequency of sessions and the objectives we agree on.
- Confirm our engagement. Verifying your are open to change and willing to invest time and resources to learn, grow, and be accountable for results.
What to Expect while You Scale Up
- Due Diligence. We conduct due diligence to learn about your goals and motivations.
- Private Workshop. At this initial workshop we will explore strategic thinking, execution planning and constructing a one-page plan for your goals.
- Coaching Calls. “Executive Coaching Calls” weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. The purpose of these sessions is to coach you on the implementation of your program, and act as a sounding board for any other challenges or issues that may arise.
- Communication: Leverage our extensive coaching portal.
- Checkups/Assessments. Every three months, you will complete an online assessment to monitor the progress you have made over time.
- Continual Learning. Continuous learning is at the heart of everything we do. This includes suggested reading, tools and other resources included with your program.
Your own “Personal” online portal.
- Track your progress and manage coaching plans
- Receive timely reminders to maintain momentum
- Keep a running record of results, materials & insights
- Review course materials and past session notes
- Message David whenever you could use support
- Use our mobile app for keeping up on the go
Our online portal has been created by John Larson of Coach Accountable. In the video below, John describes the portal and gives you a personal tour of all that it offers. When we work together, this will be customized to you and your aspirations and objectives. And of course, I will be your coach. ENJOY!
Hiring a coach isn’t a day-to-day decision for you. In fact, it might be a once in a lifetime decision for you! There are 6 factors that consistently separate the best coaches from the rest. Use them to tip the scales in your favor to find the “right” coach for your business.
1. Pick the person, not the toolkit.
Don’t focus on the tools! Rather, assess your confidence in the coach to actually deliver the outcomes you seek – and trust that they will bring the right tools to make it happen.
2. Determine if they practice what they preach.
Here are a handful of questions to help you assess whether a coach practices what she or he preaches: (a) When was the last time you met with your own coach? (b) What kinds of things are you working on with your coach? (c) How are you using the tools / processes you recommend for us in your coaching practice? (d) How much did you spend on your own professional education and development in the past year? (e) What did you spend it on?
3. Find the personal “fit.”
A great coach makes you feel uncomfortable as he or she pushes you and your team to learn, grow, and accelerate change in your business. Be careful not to confuse the appropriate “discomfort” they may cause in you and your team during the selection process with your sense of their “fit.” Great coaches coach, they don’t “sell” themselves– so you should feel their fit (or not) consistently throughout your selection process.
4. Probe for relevant training, experience and continuing education.
Due to the absence of any mandated licensing requirements, there is an extremely low barrier to entry for the coaching business. Probe carefully to determine their years of experience as a practitioner and their level of formal training – both as a coach and specific to the tool sets they utilize. Also ask how many hours per year they devote to recurring education and training.
5. Assess prior relevant measurable results.
Prior relevant results are the best predictor of future relevant results. Carefully probe each coach’s experience with clients similar to you and your business to establish relevance before you inquire about their results. Focus on specific factors such as business size / complexity, business model, professional maturity of leadership, and ownership structure to determine relevance.
6. Look for some type of guarantee.
Ask your prospective coach if they offer any form of guarantee and, if not, why not. Although business performance guarantees of results like profitability or growth rate are relatively rare (after all, you are the one running your business, hiring/firing, and calling the shots – not the coach), satisfaction guarantees – often including a “money back” component – are more common. Skin in the game speaks volumes.
This is a summarized version of “How to Hire a Coach” by Mark Green a friend and colleague. It is one of the best guides I have seen to help you make a great decision. David
Introductory Coaching Call
Take 30 minutes to get clear about where you’d like to take your business and what might be standing in your way. Speak with me on a video conference call. During our Discovery Call, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Zero in on where you want your business to be three years from now.
- Identify the most important obstacles in the way of achieving your goals.
- Gain clarity on the biggest opportunities you’re excited about as well as the strengths you’ve developed.
- Determine the next steps to take—your plan and path.
And, you can take a personal tour of our portal. Let’s connect!