How many times have you been asked to define leadership? And how many times have you thought you had clarity on leadership until you had to write or verbalize exactly what it is? I have been there myself. So I always keep an eye open for different perspectives. Such as “Leadership is the ability to hide your panic from others” by Lao Tuz! Here are more of my favorites:
- A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could. – Zig Ziglar
- Tend to the people, and they will tend to the business. – John Maxwell
- Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems. – Brian Tracy
- The smartest thing I ever did was to hire my weakness. – Sara Blakely
- You manage things; you lead people. – Admiral Grace Murray Hopper
- Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. —Jack Welch
- Leadership is the art of giving people a platform for spreading ideas that work. – Seth Godin
- Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand. – Colin Powell
- Leadership is the ability to hide your panic from others – Lao Tuz
- The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but not folly. – Jim Rohn
- The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born-that there is a genetic factor to leadership. That’s nonsense; in fact, the opposite is true. Leaders are made rather than born. —Warren Bennis
- People buy into the leader before they buy into the vision. —John Maxwell
What is your perspective on leadership? Contact me to learn more.
Rockefeller Habits Checklist
This checklist provides the 10 most important functions of business that should be on auto-pilot for your company to run predictably and consistently.
Download the FREE Checklist. See what it has to offer your company.